Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Arriba! Arriba!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I'm getting on the ball and posting my Margarita Cupcakes! I've been slacking the last couple of week, but no worries, I have a ton of recipes to blog about, so stay tuned!

I adapted this recipe from 2 recipes I found online. Margarita recipe 1, from Wilton and Margarita recipe 2 from Confections of a Foodie Bride.

I mixed the batter according to Margarita recipe 2 and made the frosting like Margarita recipe 1.


I did tweak the frosting a bit, so here's my version, using some of the left over Margarita, Tequila, & Grand Marnier mix from the batter.


Key Lime Cream Cheese Icing

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon lime juice

1 tablespoon of the left over Margarita, Tequila, & Grand Marnier mix from the batter.
½ teaspoon lime zest
4-5 cups confectioners' sugar


In large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese, juice and zest with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add 4 cups confectioners' sugar, one cup at a time; continue beating until light and fluffy.
If icing is too thin add additional confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Yield: Makes about 3 cups icing.


The Margarita Cupcakes were a hit and a sweet finale to our friends Monica and Rodney's fabulous "Cinco de Mayo Taco Night"! Until next year! Hijole!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

OH Angie, how cute! I have to try for my Cinco de Mayo party this Saturday! Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

OMG does that look and sound yummy! I'm so jealous. I wish I could have had one. I will definitely save the recipe for a future cupcake splurge though. Thanks