Friday, May 16, 2008

Goat Cheese, Sun-dried Tomato, & Pesto Stuffed Chicken

I love sun-dried tomatoes and I love goat cheese! This recipe marries two of my all time faves along with a little pesto to give it some extra UMPH!

The recipe could not be any easier, especially for a weeknight quick prep meal. I don't have exact measurements, but it's okay. . .you can get away without measuring in this recipe.


  • Chicken breast (thawed and pounded thin to your liking)
  • Goat Cheese (you can also make it ½goat cheese/½cream cheese)
  • Sun-dried tomatoes (mine are soaked in Olive oil, I squeezed out the excess oil)
  • Pesto
  • Non-stick cooking spray
  • Toothpicks


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, mix/chop the sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and goat cheese. Spray your baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, smear a good amount (of your liking) of the goat cheese mix onto your thinly pounded chicken breast. Roll the chicken breast, starting at the smallest side and secure with tooth picks. Place your chicken rolls in your baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes. After 30 minutes, keep an eye on them for doneness. You could also make a simple béchamel sauce and add some sun-dried tomatoes to it, to accompany the chicken.


I didn't make the béchamel sauce when I made it, since we try to be good during the week. I would make it for a dinner party though, to give it that extra creamy goodness!


Now, I feel like making this tonight for dinner! :)

No comments: