Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Jello-shots!

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend! Most importantly, I hope that all the service men and women overseas were safe and able to have some time off this holiday weekend. Come home soon!

I must admit, I'm not a jello-shot virgin anymore! I made three batches this weekend, so I think I'm a veteran at making them already. They are very easy to make, the only hard part is waiting till they set! There are tons of websites with jello-shot recipes, but I used a basic 1 to 1 recipe. Meaning 1 cup boiling water to 1 cup alcohol of your choice along with a 3oz box of you favorite jello flavor. I made Orange Creamcicle Jello-shots with Vanilla Vodka and you guessed it, orange jello. Those were my favorite although they were a little strong for my taste. I think I'm more of a 1½ cup water to ½ cup alcohol girl! I would definitely suggest that if you don't like strong alcohol tasting drinks, I would reduce the amount of any alcohol in a jello-shot recipe by ½ a cup.
Below are some links to inspire! The flavor combinations are endless, not to mention tasty! Enjoy and drink with moderation! Don't forget to have a designated driver if you indulge in too many of these!

http://www.myscienceproject.org/j-shot-3.html

http://www.kegworks.com/company/jello-shot-recipes

No comments: