In an effort to eat healthier in 2008, I've found a ton of healthy recipes. I made this soup last week and not only was it quick to make, but healthy and tasty as well.
Weight Watchers Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup
Makes 6 servings
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup pumpkin puree, pack down the cup, NOT pumpkin pie filling
1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup chopped onions
1 garlic clove, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil.
2. Sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the cumin and curry powder, and sauté for an additional 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the broth, thyme, pumpkin puree, salt, pepper and sugar. Bring to a boil.
5. Stir in the black beans and tomatoes.
6. Reduce heat. Cover and gently simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove from heat and leave for a few minutes.
8. Stir in the 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream and serve.
WW POINTS per serving: 3
Nutritional information per serving: 262 calories, 3.9g fat, 13.6g fiber