Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies! Anyone? Bueller?













I was so in the mood to have a GOOD Chocolate Chip Cookie yesterday afternoon, that I got home and went straight to baking, still in my heels from work!!! LOL! Baking in heels, can you believe it? Ha! Goes to show how much I really wanted to bake them cookies.



Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
1 package semisweet, (12 ounces)
chocolate chips
*If using self-rising flour, omit
baking soda and salt.


Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugars, margarine and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are set. Cool completely; remove from cookie sheet. ABOUT 1-1/2 DOZEN COOKIES; 360 CALORIES PER COOKIE.

My comments: Of course, I didn't want to make too many (Yeah right!), I am on a healthy kick after all! I cut the recipe in half and it was just perfect. For the egg, I couldn't exactly cut in half, so I just used 1 egg. It was totally A-OKAY, the cookies were fabulous! I used 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips. So divine! For the nuts, I used un-salted almonds. Oh and I took all the pictures myself :) Some with my little pocket camera and the others with one of my Husband's professional cameras. You'll notice in the pictures on the very top, that there's one that shows HUGE cookie and a smaller one next to it. I made that big'ol cookie for nieces, who just happened to call me as I was writing this up to say how "delicious" the cookie was and to thank me :) What perfect timing! Happy Baking!

No comments: